Larami, a small company in the fiercely competitive toy industry, possessed a very unique design innovation in the squirt gun category. They were having only modest success and were looking to increase awareness and sell more units. They needed to create a big impact on a small budget relative to their competition.
• Renamed and repositioned the gun to emphasize its size and power.
• Developed breakthrough creative for TV on a small budget to create a buzz, maximize awareness, and increase demand for the product.
• Pro-active in coordinating an aggressive public relations effort to get the word out.
• 8 million units sold.
• SuperSoaker became America's #1 selling toy ahead of Barbie the year it was introduced.
• Due to the success of SuperSoaker, the company grew sixfold.